The LinkedIn interface is constantly evolving, with features moving like the staircases at Hogwarts. Some are removed, others are moved and some links are no longer anywhere in a menu.
Save time, stress, and stop pulling out your hair by bookmarking this list of direct links to hidden or old features, such as how to get back to your draft articles.
Some links will require replacing my username ‘josaunders’ with your username, or my company page info with yours.
NOTE: this list is current at the time of publishing. If you discover new links or ones that no longer work, feel free to comment below or send me a message.
Creating, sharing and engaging with content is a valuable part of LinkedIn, but one of the gripes right now is getting back to your article in draft.
I often line articles up for publishing and navigating back to the article is a challenge. So where are those pesky draft articles?
- Draft Articles (those half-finished articles): https://www.linkedin.com/post/new/drafts
- Articles and Activity (includes engagement with other’s content): https://www.linkedin.com/in/josaunders/recent-activity/
- Shares (called posts): https://www.linkedin.com/in/josaunders/recent-activity/shares/
- Article Timeline (the link has ‘posts’ but these are published articles): https://www.linkedin.com/in/josaunders/recent-activity/posts/
- Old ‘Article’ Library: https://www.linkedin.com/today/author/josaunders (see image below)
- View, sort and remove your connections: https://www.linkedin.com/mynetwork/invite-connect/connections/
- Managing incoming connections requests: https://www.linkedin.com/mynetwork/invitation-manager/
- See outstanding sent connection requests: https://www.linkedin.com/mynetwork/invitation-manager/sent/
- My Network: https://www.linkedin.com/mynetwork/
- Export connections (to back up): https://www.linkedin.com/people/export-settings
- Archive profile (to back up entire profile including connections): https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/member-data
- See who you are following: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/following/
- Who is following you: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/followers/
The ‘following’ results above are listed in order of how often the person or company posts – an article on this topic is coming soon.
NOTIFICATIONS & METRICS
- Home feed (engage with content from those you follow): https://www.linkedin.com/feed/
- Notifications feed (Engagement with you, connection engagement triggers, suggested content): https://www.linkedin.com/notifications/
- Who’s viewed your profile (Last 5 or 90 days for Premium users): https://www.linkedin.com/me/profile-views/
- Social Selling Index (SSI) – LinkedIn’s feedback on your LinkedIn use.: https://www.linkedin.com/sales/ssi
- See your message in box: https://www.linkedin.com/messaging
- View archived messages: https://www.linkedin.com/messaging/thread/?filter=archived
- View blocked messages: https://www.linkedin.com/messaging/?filter=blocked
- Unread messages: https://www.linkedin.com/messaging/?filter=unread
- InMail received: https://www.linkedin.com/messaging/?filter=inmail
RECOMMENDATIONS & SKILLS
- Recommendations Pending – manage recommendations received here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/USERNAME/recommendations/pending/
- Recommendation Requests Pending – manage incoming requests here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/USERNAME/recommendations/requests/?view=received
- Recommendations Received: https://www.linkedin.com/recs/received (Now Pending) – To manage received recommendations scroll down to the Recommendations section of your profile, select the pencil icon to edit, then determine which to show. There is currently no way to reorder them.
- Recommendations Given: https://www.linkedin.com/recs/given (currently broken). Manage recommendations you have given, by scrolling down to the Recommendations section on your profile, select the pencil icon and the Given tab. Then delete or change the visibility.)
- Ask for recommendations: https://www.linkedin.com/recs/ask (currently broken – now you must ask on the person’s profile rather than your own)
- Give recommendations: https://www.linkedin.com/recs/give (currently redirects to Recommendations Requests). Give via the person’s profile but there is currently no way to manage once sent.
- Manage and reorder your skills to be endorsed for (chose the most important 3 to feature): https://www.linkedin.com/in/josaunders/skills/
(NOTE: Some of the recommendations are no longer functioning due to platform changes.)
Click the magnifying glass in the search bar to go to advanced search features, or use the following links.
- People Search: https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/people/
- Jobs Search: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/
- Content Search: https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/content/
- Companies Search: https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/companies/
- Groups Search: https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/groups
- Schools Search: https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/schools
Search Alerts – Save up to 3 common searches with the basic account and have LinkedIn email you when new people come up in the search results (option bottom right of the window).
Replace the links with your page name or number.
You will discover the number by browsing to the page via the Me menu.
- Company Page Feed: https://www.linkedin.com/company/home
- Company Page follow list: https://www.linkedin.com/company/home/following
- Add a Company Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/add/show
- New Company Page (change number for your page). This view allows you to view as a member which is useful for sharing content to your profile: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/2249515
- New Company Page admin: https://www.linkedin.com/organization/2249515/admin/updates
- Company Page Analytics: https://www.linkedin.com/company/2249515/analytics
- Company Page Notifications: https://www.linkedin.com/company/wildfire-social-marketing/notifications
- Old Company Page (use dashes in place of spaces in the company page name): https://www.linkedin.com/company/Wildfire-Social-Marketing
Find Groups via the Work menu.
- Groups Home: https://www.linkedin.com/groups
- My Groups: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/my-groups
- Pending Groups: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/my-groups/pending
- Create a Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/create
- Group Management: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/my-groups
- Group Invitation Setting (receive invites): https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/group-invitations
- Group Join Setting (notify network on joining groups): https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/group-join-notifications
- Discover Groups: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/discover
- Profile Badge Builder – for embedding online: https://www.linkedin.com/badges/profile/create
- Ad Campaign Manager: https://www.linkedin.com/ad/accounts
- Career Interests – let recruiters know what you are interested in, modify the job titles, types and locations: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/career-interests/
- ProFinder – Find and hire local freelancers (currently only available in US): https://www.linkedin.com/profinder
- Lookup – for teams: https://www.linkedin.com/lookup
- SlideShare (polish and discover content): https://www.slideshare.net
- SlideShare Analytics: https://www.slideshare.net/insight
- Pulse: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/discover
Topics list: https://www.linkedin.com/directory/topics-a/
Topics specific – replace the last word in the link with a topic for example;
SUPPORT & AGREEMENTS
- Public Profile Settings: https://www.linkedin.com/public-profile/settings
- Settings and privacy: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/
- Third Party Access: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/third-party-applications
- Help: https://www.linkedin.com/help/
- Help – your cases: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/cases
- User Agreement: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/user-agreement
- Professional Community Guidelines: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/34593?lang=en
- Copyright Policy: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/copyright-policy
- SlideShare Community Guidelines: https://www.slideshare.net/community_guidelines
- Publishing Platform Guidelines: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/topics/6198/6207/47545
- ProFinder terms: https://www.linkedin.com/profinder/terms
- Newsroom: https://press.linkedin.com
- Media Resources: https://press.linkedin.com/content-resources
- Business Solutions: https://business.linkedin.com
- Mobile Apps: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/mobile-apps