Gary Vee said it, and Jo Saunders has been saying it for years, LinkedIn is the platform to pay attention to. If you are not getting results from Facebook, could it be that your audience is actually on LinkedIn?
Gain an understanding of why you should bother with LinkedIn for your business by reviewing my presentation slides;
Get further support with building your LinkedIn presence by booking an individual advisory session or series of coaching sessions.
Book 2 hours per month for up to 24 hours across the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program. Sessions are delivered via Zoom or Face to Face. To check locations and other Linkedin workshops and webinars, take a look at my ASBAS Schedule.
5 LinkedIn Mistakes
- 3rd Person – It is hard to connect with someone talking about themselves, so write in the first person.
- 1-way communication – Talking AT your network isn’t the best way to build relationships – Engage and talk WITH them.
- Incomplete – Minimal info and gaps can lead to questions. Increase your visibility and impact by completing each section of your profile.
- Out of date – If you haven’t touched your profile for 5 years, now is the time to review it. Update your profile images and content often to reflect who and where you are now.
- Not having one! – Not being found can hurt your professional brand. Make it easy for others to find, engage and reference you. Invest in your digital footprint.
10 LinkedIn Profile Essentials
- Branded headline – 120 character positioning statement. WATCH >>>
- Branded visuals – Use a photo of the version of you that shows up to meetings with new clients, decision-makers or stakeholders. And embrace visual storytelling with your background image.
- 1st person copy – Tell your story with personality, and infuse passion and purpose using my framework (refer to LinkedIn Profile Blueprint).
- Optimised experience – Focus on outcomes and achievements (include internships and work experience).
- Media – Include a video introduction to your profile, or your organisation or cause, media stories, achievements, PDF resume or bio, portfolio links …
- Relevant skills – Make the top 3 pinned skills the most relevant and seek endorsement.
- Recommendations – Ask for them and give them where relevant. READ: How to say thanks with a LinkedIn Recommendation
- Contact details – Make sure they are up to date and professional: mobile – email – website/blog.
- Connect to organisations – Link your experience and education to the correct Page
- Add value – Find your voice and start putting yourself out there by creating and sharing content (posts and articles) and most importantly engaging with your network. READ: How to publish content on LinkedIn
LinkedIn Profile Blueprint
LinkedIn Profile Blueprint Free Download – Stay on the list to receive updates to the template, plus tips, tricks and event invites.
What are your top 3 actions or tips you took away from the presentation? Email me, message me or share with an image and @mention me on LinkedIn, or your social media platform of choice.
FOLLOW OR CONNECT
- 21 Steps to a perfect LinkedIn presence
- Subscribe to #TheLinkedInCouch where we discuss LinkedIn tips about positioning, connection and content with a focus on how to use video with your LinkedIn strategy.
- Join the FREE 7 Day LinkedIn Challenge
- Follow Wildfire Social Marketing’s LinkedIn Page
EVENT: Create Content for LinkedIn
Join Jo Saunders (LinkedIn expert) and Marianne Rom (Canva expert) for a 1 day immersive bootcamp to work on your content for LinkedIn. Bring your ideas and we will show you how to create beautiful branded visuals for your LinkedIn posts on your Profile or Page. Learn how to publish with best practice in the room!
Nov 6th Maylands – Workshop investment is $149 > click here.