LinkedIn Profile Blueprint
If you would like to receive an update of my blueprint whenever it is updated (as LinkedIn changes) then feel free to sign up for updates via this LINK
What are your top 3 actions or tips you took away from the presentation? Feel free to share with me via LinkedIn message or email.
Top 5 LinkedIn Mistakes
- Building an online resume – A profile is much more than a list of jobs, it is an opportunity to build and communicate your personal brand. Whether your are employed by an organisation, lead a team, own a business or are just starting your career, you have an opportunity to create a strong professional first impression. Be sure to tell your story, showcase your talents and expertise, and let people get a feel for your personality. Because profile rank so well in Google, this is an opportunity to build your visibility, establish your authority (expertise) and earn influence through your relationships. Your passion, purpose and personality are your point of different – let them shine through.
- Writing about yourself in the 3rd Person – It is hard to connect with someone talking about themselves. Find your voice.
- 1-way communication – Talking AT your network rather than WITH them. Write content to engage your audience, and take the time to interact with people in your network you want to build a relationship with by commenting on their content in an authentic manner.
- Incomplete profile – Your profile may already be ranking well for Google name searches, so ensure your profile is not only complete, but up to date to create a good first impression and allow potential connections to learn more about you.
- Spammy tactics – Building relationships take times and thought. Trying to jump into a sales conversation to fast or trying to automate, scale and growth hack can damage your brand.
Top 10 Profile Essentials
- Well-positioned headline – 120 character positioning statement.
- Branded visuals – Background image & profile photo.
- 1st person summary – Tell your story with personality, using my formula.
- Optimised experience – Give your title context and focus on outcomes and achievements (include internships and work experience).
- Media – Include a video introduction, PDF resume, portfolio links …
- Relevant skills – Pin your most relevant (expertise/delivery) as the top 3 and seek endorsement.
- Accomplishments – Add memberships, accreditations, awards, publishings, projects.
- Contact details – Make sure they are up to date and professional: mobile – email – website/blog.
- Connect to organisations – Link your experience and education to the the correct Page
- Add value – Find your voice and write articles, create intersting posts, and most importantly engage with your network.
Example content scheulde
- Publish a monthly article
- Post valuable content (story gems with images/video) 1-3 times a week
- Engage with your network 1:9 (Share 1 relevant valuable post – 9 engagements (likes, comments)
- How to say thanks with a LinkedIn Recommendation
- How to publish content on LinkedIn
- 21 Steps to a perfect LinkedIn presence
- Subscribe to #TheLinkedInCouch where we discuss LinkedIn tips about positioning, connection and content with a focus on how to use video with your LinkedIn strategy.
- Join the FREE 7 Day LinkedIn Challenge
Episode 10 – How to update your LinkedIn Headline the right way. WATCH >>>
Need LinkedIn Help?
You can engage me to Review or Reboot your profile, deliver in-house training or a blended coaching program for your organisation.
Book a Profile Review or schedule a chat with Jo Saunders