LinkedIn Training for #ChangeTheWorldEvent
Are you a not-for-profit, social enterprise or community organisation and want to make your marketing work? If you are looking to build brand awareness, customer attraction, conversions such as fundraising or volunteer goals but have limited time and money, then this event is worth checking out. These events are delivered around Australia and New Zealand with strategies from the best digital marketers.
Virtual LinkedIn Training
Thanks for attending my virtual LinkedIn presentation at #ChangeTheWorldEvent amidst #COVID19.
You may not have seen me deliver a keynote presentation on stage, but the virtual stage was the next best thing. Well done to Hancock Creative for pivoting and committing to delivering value.
Review the summary, slides and resources to get your head around how you can leverage LinkedIn to make a difference and get in front of the people you want to influence, so you can change their world.
Why Use LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is not just for job seekers, it is the largest professional and most trusted social network. With more than 675M+ members, and a steady growth of 2 new members per second, and 30M+ companies listed, LinkedIn is an essential marketing and sales tool for anyone in any organisation aspiring to make a difference, particularly in current times.
Whether you are looking to raise awareness, attract clients, opportunities, strategic partners, donors or stakeholders, grow your team, or conduct research, LinkedIn is a massive database of people and companies you can access.
The opportunities are endless, and you don’t need a huge budget to gain visibility. LinkedIn report that at least 40% of monthly active users log in daily, and engagement is increasing over 50% year on year.
Build your LinkedIn Profile
LinkedIn presents an opportunity to create a positive first impression and lead people to your organisation.
- Do you have a profile that communicates your value and connects to your organisation?
- Are you building a network of relevant professionals?
- Are you engaging with people of influence and those who are connected to them?
The 5 Most Important Parts of Your LinkedIn Profile
- Visuals – Consider the impression your profile photo and background make.
- Value – Craft positioning copy with personality for your Headline, About and Experience.
- Validation – Leverage skill endorsement and Recommendations.
- Video – Create compelling video (and other media) to support your profile.
- Voice – Share your passion and personality through relevant engagement, posts and articles.
How to Craft your LinkedIn Headline
Connect or follow the people of influence, the organisations they work with, and the people you want to influence.
- Who are the decision-makers that you could follow or connect to?
- Who else works for or with the organisations?
- Don’t forget to follow the company page.
Watch this short video series to learn how to network on LinkedIn:
Posting and Publishing on LinkedIn
Creating, curating and conversing on LinkedIn allows you to reach your network beyond your 1stdegree connections. Focus on posting content that adds value not volume and put the 90% of your focus into relationship-building activities. Post and engage consistently to increase your visibility to start building authority for yourself and your organisation, and take the time to join conversations and invite engagement to build influence.
LinkedIn Presentation Slides
LinkedIn Profile Blueprint
LinkedIn Profile Blueprint Free Download
LinkedIn Profile Blueprint Updates
If you would like to receive an update of my blueprint whenever it is updated (as LinkedIn changes) then feel free to sign up for updates via this LINK.
Share a post on LinkedIn about this event and be in the running to win a prize – a LinkedIn Profile Review.
You must include;
- @mention Jo Saunders
- mention @HancockCreative
- Share what you plan to do to change the world using LinkedIn.
Here are some posts from last year…
EXAMPLE OF DOCUMENT POSTS
FOLLOW OR CONNECT
Follow #ChangeTheWorld on LinkedIn
5 LinkedIn Mistakes
- 3rd Person – It is hard to connect with someone talking about themselves, so write in the first person.
- 1-way communication – Talking AT your network isn’t the best way to build relationships – Engage and talk WITH them.
- Incomplete – Minimal info and gaps can lead to questions. Increase your visibility and impact by completing each section of your profile.
- Out of date – If you haven’t touched your profile for 5 years, now is the time to review it. Update your profile images and content often to reflect who and where you are now.
- Not having one! – Not being found can hurt your professional brand. Make it easy for others to find, engage and reference you. Invest in your digital footprint.
10 LinkedIn Profile Essentials
- Branded headline – 120 character positioning statement. WATCH >>>
- Branded visuals – Use a photo of the version of you that shows up to meetings with new clients, decision-makers or stakeholders. And embrace visual storytelling with your background image.
- 1st person copy – Tell your story with personality, and infuse passion and purpose using my framework (refer to LinkedIn Profile Blueprint).
- Optimised experience – Focus on outcomes and achievements (include internships and work experience).
- Media – Include a video introduction to your profile, or your organisation or cause, media stories, achievements, PDF resume or bio, portfolio links …
- Relevant skills – Make the top 3 pinned skills the most relevant and seek endorsement.
- Recommendations – Ask for them and give them where relevant. READ: How to say thanks with a LinkedIn Recommendation
- Contact details – Make sure they are up to date and professional: mobile – email – website/blog.
- Connect to organisations – Link your experience and education to the correct Page
- Add value – Find your voice and start putting yourself out there by creating and sharing content (posts and articles) and most importantly engaging with your network. READ: How to publish content on LinkedIn
- 21 Steps to a perfect LinkedIn presence
- Subscribe to #TheLinkedInCouch where we discuss LinkedIn tips about positioning, connection and content with a focus on how to use video with your LinkedIn strategy.
- Join the FREE 7 Day LinkedIn Challenge
- Follow Wildfire Social Marketing’s LinkedIn Page
Watch the video overview from a previous Change the World Event LinkedIn keynote presentation. Then create your action plan to get started. Refer to my video and LinkedIn Profile Blueprint to help you get started reviewing and updating your LinkedIn profile. Then engage my help to review your LinkedIn presence, train your team, and stay in action.
LinkedIn Overview Video
Watch time 20 mins