Thanks for attending my masterclass. Here are the resources to use when updating your LinkedIn presence, including my slides and a link to my Profile Blueprint.
LinkedIn Profile Blueprint
Top 5 LinkedIn Mistakes
- 3rd Person Summary – It is hard to connect with someone talking about themselves, so write in the first person.
- 1-way communication – Talking AT your network isn’t the best way to build relationships – Engage.
- Incomplete – update your profile as you achieve more and learn more about yourself and your purpose.
- Spammy – Build relationships rather than trying to sell something or yourself too soon.
- Out of date & inactive – Update your brand image and content often (use keywords) & engage with your network.
Top 10 Profile Essentials
- Well-positioned headline – 120 character positioning statement.
- Branded visuals – Background & profile photo.
- 1st person summary – Tell your story with personality, using my formula.
- Optimised experience – Focus on outcomes and achievements (include internships and work experience).
- Media – Include a video introduction, PDF resume, portfolio links …
- Relevant skills – Make top 3 most relevant (expertise/delivery) and seek endorsement.
- Accomplishments – Add memberships, accreditations, awards, publishings, projects.
- Contact details – Make sure they are up to date and professional: mobile – email – website/blog.
- Connect to organisations – Link your experience and education to the the correct Page
- Add value – Find your voice and write articles, create intersting posts, and most importantly engage with your network.
Example content scheulde
- Monthly article
- 1:19 (Share 1 relevant valuable post – 19 engagements (likes, comments)
- How to say thanks with a LinkedIn Recommendation
- How to publish content on LinkedIn
- 21 Steps to a perfect LinkedIn presence
- Subscribe to #TheLinkedInCouch where we discuss LinkedIn tips about positioning, connection and content with a focus on how to use video with your LinkedIn strategy.
- Join the FREE 7 Day LinkedIn Challenge
Episode 10 – How to update your LinkedIn Headline the right way. WATCH >>>
Need LinkedIn Help?
You can engage me to Review or Reboot your profile, deliver a Lunch And Learn presentation for your organisation, LinkedIn workshop for your team, or a mentoring program.
1-1 LinkedIn Advisory
Access a heavily subsidised consult with me via the Australian Small Business Advisory Services Digital Solutions Program: https://www.businessstation.com.au
2. Complete your Profile and Customer Needs Analysis (allow about 5 mins to complete)
3.Select a topic (Using Small Business Software or Social Media & Digital Marketing)
4. Select your advisor (Jo Saunders) to book a consult (for just $40/hour)
5. Book a time (Zoom or F2F)