Thanks for attending my Perth LinkedIn training session at ECU.
Here are my slides and resources, including my Profile Blueprint to help you get started reviewing and updating your LinkedIn profile.
LinkedIn Profile Blueprint
PROFILE BLUEPRINT UPDATES
5 LinkedIn Profile Mistakes
- 3rd Person Summary – It is hard to connect with someone talking about themselves, so write in the first person.
- 1-way communication – Talking AT your network isn’t the best way to build relationships – Engage.
- Incomplete – update your profile as you achieve more and learn more about yourself and your purpose.
- Spammy – Build relationships rather than trying to sell something or yourself too soon.
- Out of date & inactive – Update your brand image and content often (use keywords) & engage with your network.
10 LinkedIn Profile Essentials
- Well-positioned headline – 120 character positioning statement.
- Branded visuals – Background & profile photo.
- 1st person summary – Tell your story with personality, using my formula.
- Optimised experience – Focus on outcomes and achievements (include internships and work experience).
- Media – Include a video introduction, PDF resume, portfolio links …
- Relevant skills – Make top 3 most relevant (expertise/delivery) and seek endorsement.
- Accomplishments – Add memberships, accreditations, awards, publishings, projects.
- Contact details – Make sure they are up to date and professional: mobile – email – website/blog.
- Connect to organisations – Link your experience and education to the the correct Page
- Add value – Find your voice and write articles, create intersting posts, and most importantly engage with your network.
- LinkedIn – The Career Tool for Students & Graduates
- How to say thanks with a LinkedIn Recommendation
- How to publish content on LinkedIn
- 21 Steps to a perfect LinkedIn presence
- How to use your network and data to find a job #HireKoka
- Subscribe to #TheLinkedInCouch where we discuss LinkedIn tips about positioning, connection and content with a focus on how to use video with your LinkedIn strategy.
- Join the FREE 7 Day LinkedIn Challenge
Need LinkedIn Help?
You can engage me to Review or Reboot your profile, deliver a Lunch And Learn presentation for your organisation, LinkedIn workshop for your team, or a mentoring program. Book a Profile Review or schedule a chat with Jo Saunders