Thanks for attending my LinkedIn training overview at #CareerInsights with MEA WA.
Here are my slides and a link to my Profile Blueprint to help you get started.
LinkedIn Profile Blueprint
Top 7 LinkedIn Mistakes
Are you making any of these mistakes?
- Headline – title or current status without context
- 3rd Person Summary – written as if you are not there, or non-existent.
- 1-way communication – no engagement
- Photo – no photo, or the wrong first impression
- Spammy – Trying to sell rather than build relationships
- Out of date
Top 10 Profile Essentials
- Well-positioned headline – 120 character positioning statement
- Branded visuals – background, profile photo – think events industry, location, type of events
- 1st person client-focussed summary – Use the 7 step summary formula
- Optimised experience – Focus on outcomes and problem solving with personality
- Media – Add an intro video, PDF resume, PDF portfolio (created in Powerpoint), testimonials…
- Relevant skills – make the top 3 most relevant (expertise/delivery) and seek endorsement
- Accomplishments -memberships, accreditations, publishings, projects
- Contact details – mobile – email – web links
- Recommendations – ask 3-7 days after every engagement
- Add value – create and curate content (articles & posts), engage with your network, content (via hashtags) and companies you follow, and look at joining relevant groups.
- Monthly article
- 1:9 (1 relevant valuable post – 9 engagements (likes, comments)
Book a Profile Review or ask your lecturer to book a hands-on workshop.