Thanks for attending my LinkedIn session for your organisation. I trust I was able to demysify some of the aspects of LinkedIn and it’s value, in your relationship buildling and as a part of your marketing strategy..
With over 610 million members around the world, about 238 million LinkedIn users log in every day – that’s almost 10 million every hour of your day! If you haven’t given your profile much thought and attention lately, think about how you are missing out on showcasing your expertise, and your business to reach your ideal clients, talent and strategic partners.
Your presence on LinkedIn impacts your visibility, authority and influence.
Start with reviewing your first impression – take a few seconds to scan your profile – does it match your brand and the value you provide? If not make a few tweaks, using my Profile Blueprint (below) as a guide, or get in touch if you need expert eyes to take a look.
Top 5 LinkedIn Mistakes
- 3rd Person Copy – self-focus
- 1-way communication – all about you
- Outsourced – no personality
- Salesy – without a relationship
- Out of date & inactive
Top 10 Profile Essentials
- Well-positioned headline – 120 character positioning statement
- Branded visuals – profile photo that is a current headshot & branded background image
- 1st person client-focussed summary – Tell your story about who & how you help, and why
- Optimised experience – Focus on outcomes and problem solving, with personality
- Media – Add links to video, PDF documents, testimonials…
- Relevant skills – ensure your top 3 are the most relevant (expertise/delivery)
- Accomplishments – memberships, accreditations, publishings, projects
- Contact details – mobile – email – web (make it easy to contact you)
- Recommendations – ask 3-7 days after every engagement
- Add value – publish articles & posts, and engage with your network
- Monthly article
- 1:9 (1 relevant valuable post – 9 engagements (conversational comments)
Here are my slides and a link to my Profile Blueprint to help you get started.
UPDATED LinkedIn Demystifier’s Profile Blueprint 2018 from Jo Saunders
- LinkedIn in 10 Minutes a Day
- How to say thanks with a LinkedIn Recommendation
- How to publish and market content on LinkedIn
- 21 Steps to a perfect LinkedIn presence
Check out my show #TheLinkedInCouch where Reg Sorrell and I discuss LinkedIn tips about positioning, connection and content with a focus on how to use video with your LinkedIn strategy.
Here is a selection of our episodes…..
- Episode 1 – The 3 types of video you can share on LinkedIn… discover what they are and how can you use them in your newsfeed via a profile or company post, or connected to your profile. WATCH >>>
- Episode 3 – DIY video with LinkedIn – we cover the basic equipment to create decent quality videos. WATCH >>>
- Episode 15 – How to use the LinkedIn app to connect at conference and events. WATCH >>>