Thanks for attending my LinkedIn training session at the Australian Association of Social Workers in Perth.
Here are my slides and a link to my Profile Blueprint to help you get started reviewing and updating your LinkedIn profile.
LinkedIn Profile Blueprint
PROFILE BLUEPRINT UPDATES
Top 5 LinkedIn Mistakes
- 3rd Person Summary – self-focus
- 1-way communication – no engagement
- Outsourced – no process + no personality
- Spammy – tactics
- Out of date & inactive
Top 10 Profile Essentials
- Well-positioned headline – 120 character positioning statement
- Branded visuals – background & profile photo
- 1st person client-focussed summary – Tell your story using my formula
- Optimised experience – Focus on outcomes and problem solving with personality
- Media – video, PDF documents, testimonials…
- Relevant skills – top 3 most relevant (expertise/delivery)
- Accomplishments -memberships, accreditations, publishings, projects
- Contact details – mobile – email – web
- Recommendations – ask 3-7 days after every engagement
- Add value – articles, posts, and engagement
- Monthly article
- 1:9 (1 relevant valuable post – 9 engagements (likes, comments)
- How to say thanks with a LinkedIn Recommendation
- How to publish content on LinkedIn
- 21 Steps to a perfect LinkedIn presence
Subscribe to #TheLinkedInCouch where we discuss LinkedIn tips about positioning, connection and content with a focus on how to use video with your LinkedIn strategy.
Episode 1 – The 3 types of video you can share on LinkedIn… discover what they are and how can you use them in your newsfeed via a profile or company post, or connected to your profile. WATCH >>>
Episde 3 – DIY video with LinkedIn – we cover the basic equipment to create decent quality videos. WATCH >>>
Episode 18 – Using voice messages on LinkedIn. WATCH >>>
Need LinkedIn Help?
You can engage me to Review or Reboot your profile, deliver a Lunch And Learn presentation, LinkedIn workshop for your team, or a mentoring program. Book a Profile Review or schedule a chat with Jo Saunders