Thanks for attending my session at Social Media Marketing World 2018.
I hope you now see the opportunity that LinkedIn provides through the Company Page feature.
View my #SMMW18 slides:
LinkedIn Profile Blueprint
Top 7 LinkedIn Mistakes
- Surname field – adding extra info such as a tagline
- 3rd Person Summary – write in 1st person and be conversational
- 1-way communication – Stop automating and start engaging
- Outsourced – If you are going to outsource create a process that includes personality
- Spammy – Avoid dodgy tactics such as jumping into ‘buy my stuff’ mode.
- Inactive – The power is in the engagement
- Out of date – You will be judged, and passed over.
Top 10 LinkedIn Profile Essentials
- Well-positioned headline – 120 character positioning statement
- Branded visuals – background, profile photo
- 1st person client-focussed summary – 7 step summary formula
- Optimised experience – CONNECTED to the Company Page
- Media – video, documents
- Relevant skills – top 3 most relevant (topic / delivery)
- Accomplishments – membership / member – volunteer – credentials – conferences
- Contact details – mobile – email – web
- Add value – articles, posts and engagement
- Monthly article
- 1-2-10-6 (1 promo post – 2 shared posts – 10 comments – 6 likes)
- Recommendations – ask 3-7 days after every engagement
COME BACK FOR MORE RESOURCES