Is Your LinkedIn Profile Selling You?
It is said that our attention span is shorter than that of a goldfish. We have seconds to capture attention in a noisy network, so it is more important than ever to optimise your LinkedIn presence to capture attention, demonstrate value and engage your network.
With more than 675+ members, 30M companies and 20M open jobs, LinkedIn is an essential personal brand marketing tool for anyone at any stage of their career.
If you are a student, graduate or job seeker how are you using LinkedIn to stand out and connect?
- Does your profile showcase your achievements and goals?
- Are you building a network of relevant professionals that could become important in building your career?
Whether you are looking for an internships, job, aim to freelance or start a business, LinkedIn is a great place to find the right people and companies to follow, and jobs to apply for. The decision makers, recruiters, and your potential clients are already there.
Who Do You Want to Influence?
Who is the decision maker you want to influence? Look at your profile from their perspective. Would you hire you?
Does your LinkedIn Profile….
- Represent the value you bring?
- Share your career aspirations?
- Showcase your talents and transferrable skills?
- Establish credibility via experience?
- Share your learning journey?
- Show up in search?
LinkedIn Profile Tips
In preparing your profile for the job market, research the roles you aspire to be in, and the companies you would like to work with.
- Establish your personal brand, with personality.
- Use positive, future focussed language, and authentically infuse words from your ideal jobs.
- Select the right photo that matches your career brand.
- Create a background image to match your brand.
- Introduce yourself and share your vision in your About section to allow your audience to get to know you.
- Include volunteering, part-time jobs, work experience and internships in addition to your studies, to position yourself.
- Connect to the Page for your educational institution or employer.
- Include projects and committees you have been involved with.
- Add relevant skills and seek endorsement from people who know you.
- Ask for recommendation from people you have worked with.
- Add student memberships of professional associations.
Refer to my LinkedIn Profile Blueprint. Request a copy.
LinkedIn Career Networking
Aside from being one the best career profiles, LinkedIn is the largest professional network, and a powerful research tool. It is a search engine for people, companies, content, and jobs.
Start building your network by following or connecting with the people who are in the roles and organisations you aspire to work in, those in decision making roles, colleagues and peers. Follow the companies you are interested in learning more about.
Creating, curating and conversing on LinkedIn allows you to reach beyond your 1stdegree connections. Focus on posting content that adds value not volume, and put the rest of your focus into relationship building activities. Post and engage consistently to increase your visibility. Take the time to join conversations and ask questions within your own posts to invite engagement.
Get Help With Your LinkedIn Strategy.
Discover how you can improve your first impression on LinkedIn and how you can use it to build your career brand, and a network of relevant connections. Choose your package;
$197Student & Job Seeker Pricing Buy Now!
Standard Best Value!
$297Student & Job Seeker Pricing Buy Now!
If you have an ABN, you may be eligible for subsidised coaching sessions. Find out more here.
No budget right now? Join the 7 Day LinkedIn Challenge for no cost, which includes the LinkedIn Profile Blueprint to help you optimise your LinkedIn presence.