Join us to connect beyond the LinkedIn profile, the job titles, company names, and business cards. #LinkedInLocalPerth is a place to learn how to use LinkedIn while networking with Perth professionals. It isn't a Perth LinkedIn workshop but will provide some tactical and strategic LinkedIn training through our activities.
LinkedIn is the world's largest professional social network, with more than 810 million members in over 200 countries and territories. It is the perfect place to connect and build relationships with people in your professional world.
Join our community to get to know your connections and wider Perth network in person through our events.
Join us in-person to meet the Perth LinkedIn network.
Each event has a theme, which is delivered through education and activities. It isn't a LinkedIn workshop, but you will learn about how to use LinkedIn more effectively.
Hear about the new features. Learn about best practice. Ask your burning questions. Events are bi-monthly at ibis Styles East Perth, with the occasional online event.
- MEET – Catch up with 1st degree connections in person
- CONNECT - Engage with the person behind the profile, in a meaningful way
- EXPAND – Discover your 2nd degree connections and expand your network
- LEARN – Discover some useful tips about LinkedIn
- IMPLEMENT - Put your learnings into action via the LinkedIn app.
- Friendly people willing to talk to people they don’t know
- The casual atmosphere, the find nearby trick was a great ice breaker!
- Learning about new features and tips on using LinkedIn
- The real life networking and vibe of those attending It was high energy and fun
- Meeting really interesting Perth people
- Meeting new people and reconnecting with a few old ones!
- Great event for likeminded people who uses LinkedIn to promote their business.
- Like-minded people with genuine interest in networking, making connections and meeting up later to chat further.
WHAT THEY SAID
“I am pleased to be able to say that I have been fortunate enough to attend all 3 of the LinkedIn Local events here in Perth. At each of the events I have met new business contacts whom I an now LinkedIn with. Cherry’s Catering has been the sponsored caterer at the last 2 events, because of this Cherry’s have gained a couple of new clients. With Cherry’s sponsoring the event this allowed us exposure through our logo on the running video, Cherry’s banner displayed on the night and of course with our delicious food being walked around gave guests an idea of our catering options. Networking is now such a vital part of business, these LinkedIn Local sessions are a great way to meet new Perth business contacts.”
Deb Cunniffe, Cherry’s Catering & Liquor
“It was interesting and exciting to meet other Perth entrepreneurs who were keen to not only develop their own business but also have an interest in developing friendships with like-minded individuals. You can tell someone is great at what they do, when they can bring such a diverse group of people and make it really comfortable to strike up a conversation – even without a business card!”
#LinkedInLocal became a global movement, spreading a culture of connection. The concept started by Anna McAfee , who held the first event in Coffs Harbour in June 2017.
Look out for announcements about our events on LinkedIn, or join the invitation list to hear about the event first. http://eepurl.com/daWPqD
Come along to the next #LinkedInLocalPerth to meet your connections and make some new ones, while learning how to extend the value that LinkedIn provides.
Jo Saunders is the Perth host of #LinkedInLocalPerth along with Jo Harper and Marianne Rom, supported by Reg Sorrell and Peter Dancewicz.
- November 2017. Read all about it in this article.
- April 2018 // Photos
- August 2018 // Photos
- November 2018. Check out the photos in this article.
- March 2019 // Photos, More Photos & Photo Booth
- May 2019 // Photos
- July 2019 // Photos and more photos
- September 2019 // Photos
- November 2019 // Fact or Fantasy
- February 2020 // LinkedIn - What's Hot and What's Not
- August 2020 // Build Rapport & Relationships Without Handshakes
- October 2020 // New LinkedIn Features
- December 2020 // Fact or Fantasy
- Feb 2021 // Brand Refresh
- April 2021 // Superconnect with Dr Kate Raynes-Goldie
- June 2021 // LinkedIn Video with Reg Sorrell
- August 2021 // LinkedIn Engagement with Jo Saunders
- October 2021 // Fact or Fantasy
- November 2021 // Networking
- Feb 2022 // LinkedIn Leadership
- June 2022 // Content - Get UnStuck to Un Suck
- LinkedIn Privacy & Security with Caitriona Forde
- LinkedIn Search & SEO with Peter Dancewicz
- LinkedIn & Mindset with Vicki Hodgson
- LinkedIn & Video with Reg Sorrell
- Create LinkedIn Visual Content using Canva with Marianne Rom
- LinkedIn Content with Jo Saunders
Our first promotional video...