In the social media space, the premiere event of the year is Social Media Marketing World in San Diego, next year it runs from Wednesday, February 28 to Friday, March 2, 2018. Being at the other side of the world, and the event clashing with an Australian conference I like to attend, I have always booked the virtual pass which means I can access and watch all the sessions at my leisure. But nothing beats being at a conference and connecting face to face.
I set a goal to attend the conference in person and meet all the social media experts I have gotten to know virtually, and have a goal to speak there in the near future. Clearly the universe has other plans, and thanks to my good friend Viveka von Rosen, a LinkedIn expert from the US, and the Social Media Examiner team, my ‘one day’ goal has become a reality.
I was firstly excited to be invited to pitch for the remaining LinkedIn session in the program, alongside Viveka, Koka Sexton, Neal Schaffer and AJ Wilcox. Then when I was told they would like time to speak, that was the second happy dance!
To be one of 5 LinkedIn experts, the only and first Australian LinkedIn expert, and first Western Australian speaker, needless to sayI am excited and very proud. It is fabulous recognition for the dedication and hard work over the last 7 years. The ‘Little Ole Me’ mindset can just move over!
Who is Social Media Marketing World for?
- The experienced social media marketing professional who needs to keep up to date with the ever-changing nature of social media, whether employed by a large organisation, or running a business.
- The graduate or new social media marketer who wants to learn from the experts and fast track their knowledge in one event.
- The content creator – blogger, vlogger, or podcaster who are looking for new ways to leverage their content and build their personal brand.
Why attend #SMMW18?
- Learn from leading industry experts over three days
- Network with thousands of marketing professionals
- Access to social media thought leaders
- Cutting edge content that can be implemented in your business
- Meet new people who ‘get you’
- The opening night networking party held aboard an aircraft carrier
- Hallway conversations
- An excuse to visit San Diego
Watch highlights from Social Media Marketing World:
See what prior attendees have to say about Social Media Marketing World:
Check out the photo gallery on Facebook.