LinkedIn for Graduates eBook
Build your LinkedIn Profile
- Does your profile communicate your story and value?
- Are you building a network of relevant professionals?
- Are you engaging with people of influence?
The 5 Essential Parts of Your LinkedIn Profile
- Headline – a future-focussed positioning statement. WATCH >>>
- About – Your vision, values and voice
- Photo – a recent headshot with a professional feel
- Skills – relevant to your skills and expertise
- Contact info – be easy to call/email
Ask for recommendations and give them where relevant. READ: How to say thanks with a LinkedIn Recommendation.
LinkedIn Networking Tips
Connect to or follow people who are your ideal contacts, future employers, recruiters, leaders and their organisations, to stay up to date and show interest.
- Who are the decision-makers that you could follow or connect to?
- Who else works for or with the organisations that are worth engaging with?
- Don’t forget to follow the company page.
Watch this short video series to learn how to network on LinkedIn:
Creating, curating and conversing on LinkedIn allows you to reach beyond your 1stdegree connections. Put 90% of your focus into relationship-building activities, and the other 10% into sharing your own content. Post and engage consistently to increase your visibility.
5 LinkedIn Mistakes
- 3rd Person – It is hard to connect with someone talking about themselves.
- 1-way communication – Talking AT your network will not help you build relationships.
- Lurking – it is important to research, but participation is where the benefits are.
- Incomplete – Minimal info and gaps in your profile can lead to questions.
- Not having one! – Not being found can hurt your professional brand. Invest in your digital footprint.
- 21 Steps to a Professional LinkedIn presence
- Subscribe to the #ConnectionCouch where we discuss LinkedIn tips about positioning, connection and content with a focus on how to use video with your LinkedIn strategy.
- Join the FREE 7 Day LinkedIn Challenge
- Follow Wildfire Social Marketing’s LinkedIn Page
What are your top 3 actions or tips you took away from the presentation?
Join my LinkedIn Group