LinkedIn Career Development // ACS

LinkedIn Career Development

LinkedIn Training for Graduates

To kick start your career and build a professional network, LinkedIn is a valuable free tool that is your swiss army knife. 

Why Use LinkedIn?

LinkedIn is the largest professional and most trusted social network. With more than 703M+ members, a steady growth of 2 new members per second, and 50M+ companies listed, LinkedIn has become an essential tool to build your brand, business and career.

Thanks for attending my LinkedIn overview session ‘LinkedIn Career Development – The ESSENTIALS, the EXTRAS and the leading EDGE’.  Review my slides and blueprint, and create your action plan.

LinkedIn Resources

Overview Video


Presentation Slides

 LinkedIn Profile Blueprint

LinkedIn Profile Blueprint Free Download

LinkedIn for Graduates eBook

StudentGuide – Getting started with LinkedIn

Build your LinkedIn Profile

  • Does your profile communicate your story and value?
  • Are you building a network of relevant professionals?
  • Are you engaging with people of influence?

The 5 Essential Parts of Your LinkedIn Profile

  1. Headline – a future-focussed positioning statement. WATCH >>>
  2. About – Your vision, values and voice
  3. Photo – a recent headshot with a professional feel
  4. Skills – relevant to your skills and expertise
  5. Contact info – be easy to call/email

Bonus tip 

Ask for recommendations and give them where relevant. READ: How to say thanks with a LinkedIn Recommendation.

LinkedIn Networking Tips

Connect to or follow people who are your ideal contacts, future employers, recruiters, leaders and their organisations, to stay up to date and show interest.

  • Who are the decision-makers that you could follow or connect to?
  • Who else works for or with the organisations that are worth engaging with?
  • Don’t forget to follow the company page.

Watch this short video series to learn how to network on LinkedIn:

Creating, curating and conversing on LinkedIn allows you to reach beyond your 1stdegree connections. Put 90% of your focus into relationship-building activities, and the other 10% into sharing your own content. Post and engage consistently to increase your visibility.

5 LinkedIn Mistakes

  1. 3rd Person – It is hard to connect with someone talking about themselves.
  2. 1-way communication – Talking AT your network will not help you build relationships.
  3. Lurking – it is important to research, but participation is where the benefits are.
  4. Incomplete – Minimal info and gaps in your profile can lead to questions.
  5. Not having one!  – Not being found can hurt your professional brand. Invest in your digital footprint.

Further Reading


What are your top 3 actions or tips you took away from the presentation? 

Connect and let me know.

Join my LinkedIn Group

LinkedIn Career Development


Book a Profile Review instant actionable feedback from a LinkedIn and branding expert or schedule a chat with Jo Saunders