LinkedIn Training for #Unite2020
Unite2020 is Australia and New Zealand’s BIGGEST Digital Marketing Summit for people making a difference. Running for the first time, to expand on #ChangeTheWorldEvent, Unite2020 is a virtual event for people who work in not for profit, social enterprise, community organisations and small business.
It aims to empower people to get fresh marketing ideas, learn how to use the tools better, reach a new audience, develop social media strategy that delivers a real measurable return, tell your stories to connect more effectively with your audience and of course pivot and innovate in 2020 following COVID-19 disruption.
I’m excited to be part of this fabulous value-packed event. You may not have seen me deliver a keynote presentation on stage, but the virtual stage was the next best thing at this challenging time. Well done to Hancock Creative for pivoting and delivering massive value.
Virtual LinkedIn Training
If you attended my talk about LinkedIn, here are the resources to help you get more from the session.
Review the session resources and/or watch the recording for a recap. Or follow the steps below to optimise your LinkedIn presence and share your stories.
LinkedIn Workshop Resources
Review the summary, slides and resources to get your recap how you can leverage the power of LinkedIn to make a difference and get in front of the people you want to influence, to make an impact.
Unite2020 LinkedIn Presentation Slides
Photo credit: Peter Dancewicz
LinkedIn Profile Blueprint
If you would like to receive an update of my blueprint whenever it is updated (as LinkedIn changes) then feel free to sign up for updates via this LINK.
UNITE2020 LINKEDIN CHALLENGE
Share a post on LinkedIn about this event and be in the running to win a 30 minute Zoom coaching session with Jo Saunders
You must include;
- @mention Jo Saunders
- Share a story to demonstrate your learnings.
Here is an example …
Well done for winning a session with Jo Saunders
Watch the Overview Video
Why Use LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is not just for job seekers, it is the largest professional and most trusted social network. With more than 690M+ members, a steady growth of 2 new members per second, and 50M+ companies listed, LinkedIn has become an essential marketing and sales tool.
Whether you are looking to raise awareness, attract clients, opportunities, strategic partners, donors or stakeholders, grow your team, or conduct research, LinkedIn is a massive database of people, companies and content. It can be used by anyone in any organisation aspiring to make a difference, particularly in current times.
The opportunities are endless, and you don’t need a huge budget to gain visibility. LinkedIn report that over the COVID-19 isolation period, content in the feed has increased 48%.
Build your LinkedIn Profile
Share your story through your LinkedIn profile and page to lead people to your organisation.
- Does your profile communicates your story and value?
- Does it connect to your organisation?
- Are you building a network of relevant professionals?
- Are you engaging with people of influence and those who are connected to them?
- Are you sharing stories through content?
The 5 Key Parts of Your LinkedIn Profile
- Visuals – Consider the impression you wish to make.
- Value – Share you expertise and story in your Headline, About and Experience.
- Validation – Leverage skill endorsement and Recommendations.
- Video – Create compelling video (and other media) to support your profile.
- Voice – Share your passion and personality through relevant content.
How to Craft your LinkedIn Headline
Connect or follow the people of influence, the organisations they work with, and the people you want to influence.
- Who are the decision-makers that you could follow or connect to?
- Who else works for or with the organisations?
- Don’t forget to follow the company page.
Watch this short video series to learn how to network on LinkedIn:
Posting and Publishing on LinkedIn
Creating, curating and conversing on LinkedIn allows you to reach your network beyond your 1st degree connections. Focus on posting content that adds value not volume and put the 90% of your focus into relationship-building activities. Post and engage consistently to increase your visibility to start building authority for yourself and your organisation, and take the time to join conversations and invite engagement to build influence.
EXAMPLE OF DOCUMENT POSTS
POSTS FROM #UNITE2020
5 LinkedIn Mistakes
- 3rd Person – It is hard to connect with someone talking about themselves, so write in the first person.
- 1-way communication – Talking AT your network isn’t the best way to build relationships – Engage and talk WITH them.
- Incomplete – Minimal info and gaps can lead to questions. Increase your visibility and impact by completing each section of your profile.
- Out of date – If you haven’t touched your profile for 5 years, now is the time to review it. Update your profile images and content often to reflect who and where you are now.
- Not having one! – Not being found can hurt your professional brand. Make it easy for others to find, engage and reference you. Invest in your digital footprint.
10 LinkedIn Profile Essentials
- Branded headline – 120 character positioning statement. WATCH >>>
- Branded visuals – Use a photo of the version of you that shows up to meetings with new clients, decision-makers or stakeholders. And embrace visual storytelling with your background image.
- 1st person copy – Tell your story with personality, and infuse passion and purpose using my framework (refer to LinkedIn Profile Blueprint).
- Optimised experience – Focus on outcomes and achievements (include internships and work experience).
- Media – Include a video introduction to your profile, or your organisation or cause, media stories, achievements, PDF resume or bio, portfolio links …
- Relevant skills – Make the top 3 pinned skills the most relevant and seek endorsement.
- Recommendations – Ask for them and give them where relevant. READ: How to say thanks with a LinkedIn Recommendation
- Contact details – Make sure they are up to date and professional: mobile – email – website/blog.
- Connect to organisations – Link your experience and education to the correct Page
- Add value – Find your voice and start putting yourself out there by creating and sharing content (posts and articles) and most importantly engaging with your network. READ: How to publish content on LinkedIn
- 21 Steps to a professional LinkedIn presence
- Subscribe to the #ConnectionCouch where we discuss LinkedIn tips about positioning, connection, content and how to use video with your LinkedIn strategy.
- Join the FREE 7 Day LinkedIn Challenge
- Follow Wildfire Social Marketing’s LinkedIn Page
Watch the video overview from a previous Change the World Event LinkedIn keynote presentation. Then create your action plan to get started. Refer to my video and LinkedIn Profile Blueprint to help you get started reviewing and updating your LinkedIn profile. Then engage my help to review your LinkedIn presence, train your team, and stay in action.
LinkedIn Overview Video
Watch time 20 mins
Or book a Profile Review to get instant actionable feedback from a LinkedIn and branding expert.